top of page

Skull Valley Museum

  • Facebook

A tour through the Skull Valley Depot and Section House Museums will take you back to the early days of the Skull Valley ranching community.  There are pictures of Skull Valley’s earliest families, old-time farming, household implements, and railroad memorabilia dating back to the 1800s.

The Skull Valley Railroad Depot was built in 1898 and was moved to its present location in 1970.  In 1991, the Section House, once home to railroad section managers and their families, was moved to the museum grounds.

Funds from annual events and membership in the Skull Valley Historical Society (SVHS) enable the SVHS to maintain and improve the 1898 Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe railroad depot (left) and the 1925 railroad section house (right).  In addition to Skull Valley residents, many visitors come to Skull Valley to enjoy the museum and various community events such as the annual pie social and car show.

The Skull Valley Museum Station
Courtesy Skull Valley Historical Society
The Skull Valley Museum Section House
Courtesy Skull Valley Historical Society
bottom of page